Read DL is a county-wide reading movement, designed to bring the people of Donegal together by collectively reading the same book.
The aims of the Read DL project are to:
- Improve literacy skills and foster a love of reading;
- Entice people, young and old, to read more and;
- Encourage the entire community to read the same book, share ideas and to broaden and expand their viewpoints.
For our 2018 project, we had:
- Sixty-one schools take part (forty-four primary schools and seventeen post-primary schools)
- All six Youthreach Centres take part with seventy-seven participants in total
- All “Learning for Living” Centres, for adults returning to education as part of the Donegal Education and Training Board (ETB), take part with seventy participants in total
- A massive 2,100 books distributed across the county, thanks to Letterkenny Institute of Technology (LYIT) and the Donegal Education and Training Board (ETB)
- A further one hundred books purchased and made available in all Donegal Libraries for community use
- 147 entries to our 2018 creative writing competition.
Click here to find out more.
Please explore our website to find out how to get involved!