As a participant of Read DL (or a representative of a group/class/school/service provider), some of your personal data will be processed by the initiative. The data held by Read DL is collected either directly from a participant, or a group representative (teacher/parent or guardian). Personal information held by the initiative is treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality in accordance with data protection legislation.
What information do we collect about you?
The types of personal data processed by the Read DL include:
- Contact Name
- School name and address
- Phone numbers (only if requested by Read DL committee members)
- A contact email address
- Personal email address (only if provided by teacher/participant/parent or guardian)
- Address of participating school
- Photographic images (only if prior consent has been agreed by the participants involved)
- Testimonials of the initiative (only if requested by Read DL committee members).
If, on the rare occasion, that there is additional information required, Read DL committee members will request this directly from the participant. It will be collected and processed only if the participant agrees to it.
- If a participant emails a Read DL committee member from their personal account, this will be considered as implied consent from the service user to process that data.
- If a participant sends us personal information via our social media channels, we will delete the message as soon as the details have been recorded. Having said that, we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites that may be accessed through the Read Donegal website (www.readdonegal.com). By contacting us via a “direct message”, you are consenting to that data being temporarily stored in these social media inboxes.
How do we use the information about you?
The purposes for which Read DL may process your personal information include:
- The provision of the initiative, that includes (but is not limited to):
- Organising registration of school/participant
- Organising the delivery of books
- Publicising the initiative
- Public ceremonies (e.g. the opening and closing ceremony)
- Organising competitions and events.
Does Read DL share your data with any third parties?
- Your information may be used for statistical purposes but will be anonymised in the event of this.
- Your data may be shared between Read DL committee members for the provision of services.
- Due to the fact the committee is made up of representatives from different organisations, your data may also be shared to these organisations for the provision of the initiative. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other organisations.
- If you contact us via our social media pages, your information will be available to the Read DL committee members who have access to these accounts.
- Your information may be shared with the company (N56) that hosts our server: this is only for publicised materials where prior consent is given.
- Outside of this, your information will not be shared to any other party.
You have the following rights, subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your data:
- The right to be informed about the data processing Read DL does
- The right to request access to your personal data held by Read DL – to have a copy of the personal data that we hold about you
- The right to rectification – to have inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified
- The right to erasure of personal data where there is no legitimate reason for Read DL to continue to process your personal data.
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data – you have the right to block the processing of your personal data in specific situations
- The right to data portability – you have the right to request that Read DL provides some elements of your information (e.g. address of schools) in a commonly used machine readable format in order to provide it to other committee members
- The right to object – you can object to the processing of your personal data by Read DL in certain circumstances, including the sending & receipt of direct marketing material
- The right to object automated decision making & profiling.
In order to exercise the above rights please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Read Donegal will retain your personal data in accordance with our retention policy. The policy operates on the principle that we keep personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which we collected it. It is also kept in accordance with any legal requirements that are imposed on us. This means that the retention period for your personal data varies depending on the type of personal data. Retention policies Read Donegal are outlined below:
- Read Donegal will retain personal information for the duration, organisation and evaluation of the initiative (one year)
- At the end of the initiative, participants will be asked, by a Read DL representative, for direct consent for that data to retained beyond that period (e.g. if you wish to take part in the project for the following year)
- If direct consent is not given by the requested date then your data will be deleted, and you will not receive any further communication from Read Donegal
- If your information is deleted, and you would like to take part in Read Donegal again, you will need to re-register for the following year.
Read Donegal is committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure with us and with the data processors who act on our behalf. Therefore, we are continuously taking technical and organisational steps to better protect your information. Any data that is collected by us will be securely stored (i.e. in locked filming cabinets and on password-protected databases).
How to contact us:
Please contact us if you have any questions about the information we hold about you or to request a copy of that information:
Data Controller:Read Donegal
By email: email@example.com